Dining at MBL
This year’s dining experience is modified to accommodate social distancing and other Commonwealth of Massachusetts and MBL COVID-19 public health guidelines and policies.
What to expect when you dine with us
- All guests must wear face coverings and observe social distancing while in our dining spaces.
- All meals will be served in compostable/recyclable to-go containers
- A dedicated dining team member will assist with enhanced cleaning procedures and service in our kitchens, service, and seating areas.
- Maximum capacities will be established, as needed, for serving areas.
- Limited seating is available in Swope Dining Hall.
- “This table is full” placards will be available upon request to place on your table if you do not feel comfortable sitting with others.
- After you have finished your meal, please flip the card over on your table to notify our team member and other guests that your table requires cleaning.
Behind the scenes:
- 6 foot, socially distanced work and prep areas
- Mandatory self-monitoring and reporting of COVID-19 symptoms by all employees
- Face coverings and gloves worn by all dining team members
- Enhanced handwashing and glove changing procedures whenever switching tasks or after extended use
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures for high contact/touch point surfaces
As of Tuesday September 7, 2021, Swope Café will be moving upstairs to the Main Dining Hall. The Main Dining Hall will have café customers as well as course, research, and conference attendees using the dining venue at varying times. Café customers will not be able to eat in the main dining hall at this time to allow enough seating for our other guests. Outside seating in Swope tent for a long as we have the tent.
Swope Café in Main Dining Hall:
Swope Café will be open Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
Breakfast is available 7:30 AM to 10:00 AM on a walk-in basis. Coffee, breakfast baked goods, and cooked to order breakfast items are available.
Lunch is available order ahead on the Bite App and pickup / pay from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Customers will have new selections of items that will be offered in the main dining hall in addition to customized sandwich and salad selections.
All items for Swope Café are priced on an a la cart pricing structure. Payment may be made with of cash, credit card or MBL Card. Payment will need to be made at the register at dining entrance prior to leaving the area.
Come check out the Café @ Main Dining Hall. You won’t be disappointed! New and different recipes from around the world changing daily. Also try our brand new pizza station, fresh pizza pies made by hand daily.
As always safety is our number one priority, so should you have any questions or concerns please reach out to me at Nicholas.Wilson-Elizondo@sodexo.com.
- Breakfast: Mon – Fri: 7:00 – 9:30am
- Lunch: Mon – Fri: 11:30am – 1:30pm*
*Entry assigned meal block time – see below for schedules
- Dinner: every day: 5:00 – 7:30pm
- Saturday Pre-Brunch: 8:00am – 10:00am – Coffee, Beverages and Continental Breakfast selections
- Brunch: Sat & Sun: 10:00am – 1:00pm
Request Dining Access for family members or participants not on a meal plan at time of checking in at the Swope Front Desk. This is necessary since our buildings remain locked due to our Covid protocols so anyone desiring to use Swope Dining Services will need to have an ID Badge with Swope access.
Family members and anyone not participating as a registered member of an MBL Education program are not permitted to charge food to a course dining card. They may utilize Swope Café paying out of pocket with cash or credit card and will not be eligible for an MBL employee discount. We regret that due to decreased space capacity and social distancing guidelines, Swope Main Dining is not accessible to non-participants. Tents are available for outside dining at Swope for anyone utilizing Swope Dining services. Those not registered in a program that want to use the Swope Café will need an MBL ID badge to allow access to Swope only.
Registered participants in an education program that are not on a meal plan can charge meals to an inclining balance dining card at Swope Main Dining (for example a vendor or course lecturer). These registered participants not on meal plan can also use Swope Café and pay out of pocket if desired.
Whitman Center participants that are not on a meal plan may use a dining card charged to their AR account in Swope Main Dining or pay out of pocket in Swope Café with cash or credit card. If using a dining card, it is the investigator’s and their home institution’s responsibility to verify allowability of funding sources. Family members living with a Whitman Center participant may utilize Swope Café and pay out of pocket. These individuals may utilize Swope Café only paying out of pocket with cash or credit card and will not be eligible for an MBL employee discount. We regret that due to decreased space capacity and social distancing guidelines, Swope Main Dining is not accessible to non-participants. Tents are available for outside dining at Swope for anyone utilizing Swope Dining services. Those not registered in a program that want to use Swope dining services will need an MBL ID badge to allow access to Swope only.