Non-resident Research (Whitman Center)
Masking will be optional in all MBL spaces, including classrooms and public events and tours. We ask that everyone be courteous of others and respect their masking choices. Individuals who have recently tested positive or have been exposed to COVID are required to wear a mask according to CDC exposure protocols (currently through day 10). See more information about Masking here.
Vaccination Status Confirmation
All research program visitors receive information in their registration materials on how to upload their vaccination status prior to campus arrival. This information must be uploaded to obtain building access.
Exemption: Any research program visitors who do not upload proof of vaccination must provide the MBL’s Human Resources with a point of contact from their home institution who can confirm their institutionally-approved exemption. Read more about Vaccine Requirements here.
Covid Positive Protocol:
- If you test positive for Covid-19, you must quarantine immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org notifying of your positive test. Please list your Whitman Center affiliation in this message.
- For anyone in shared housing who tests positive for Covid-19 after hours (9pm-8am), please contact email@example.com and Cc firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need a Covid-19 test, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Isolation Period: Your isolation time begins on either the day symptoms began or on the test day for asymptomatic individuals. That is considered day 0. You will need to stay isolated for the next five days. On the morning of the 6th day, please take the RAPID TEST. If the test is negative, you may then reintegrate into MBL activities and return to your original housing location. If positive, you must remain in isolation until you receive a negative RAPID Test result or until 10 days have passed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the results of your test.
- Learn more about the Exposure Protocol here.